Translate

20110803

July 30 ~ Aug 3, 2011

July 30, 2011 - I toke Saturday off from running.  I mown the lawn and clean around the house.  I am sorry to bugs' world that I destroyed two of their home.  As I mown, I found a yellow jacket's nest in the front lawn and carpenter ant nest in one of cherry trees.  I briefly Google how to destroy their home land before I got myself hurt.  I was supposed to mix bug poison and water first, then "feed" into their home.  But I was lazy and I also want to make sure they die peacefully; so I didn’t mix with anything, pour the “sweet” water into a squeeze bottle, and then spray the shits out of them. 

Those bugs were fly/crawl out like crazy and I ran for the first time; but I noticed they weren’t following me, so I ran back to spray some more.  Two hours later, I empty out the whole container and bugs were dying around their home.  That was great!  Now I (hope) don’t need to worry another thing less for a little while.

July 31, 2011 - My alarm rang at 0530, had my coffee and oatmeal before 0615, and left home around 0625 to the Line.  Since I train daily in hilly Aspen Hill’s neighborhood, I was hungry for something different on the weekend long runs.  So I picked Rock Creek Park trail and the Zoo loop.  I stay mostly on the Valley Trail till I ran into National Zoo.  The run on the dirt was lovely, but the run on the hard surface of side walk on Connecticut Avenue was painful – my knees were actually hurt on every step on that side walk; but I manage to get that done. 

I am still waiting for PR’s shipments on a Garmin 210, I have no idea what distance I ran; but I ran for 1h’45m’16s’and I think approximately 13.5 ~ 14.0 miles.  You may wanna ask why get that from PR, not elsewhere?  It is because MCRRC gave me two certificates from their stores. 

August 1, 2011 – I slept in and skip the run; but did some stretching exercises.

August 2, 2011 – It was nice day for running at sunrise.  Temp was cool off a little after the over night thunder shower, but still very humid.  I ran 54:10 for approx. 7.3 miles.

August 3, 2011 – I am going to run the track tonight at Montgomery College track again.  The current plan is run 400x3 at 1:30, 1600 at 6:20, 3200x2 at 12:50, 1600 at 6:20, 400x3 at 1:25 or better, and with 3-minutes break in between each rep.  I think I am getting the feeling back into the track workout after these two weeks.  I actually am looking forward to see what I can do on the track when I got out of bed this morning.  Maybe I should have start this long ago…

I will post splits later.

No comments:

Post a Comment