Translate

20120321

March 15 – March 21, 2012

Somehow, somewhere, the muscle fairy didn’t let me feel sore when I roll out of bed on the morning of March 15.  However, I was still took an easy day and ran 57m’17s’ approx. 7.6 miles.  Then I took my usual off day on Friday. 
I planned to get up at 05:00 on Saturday morning to get some bagels before the marathon simulator; but I over slept, and didn’t get up till 07:45.  Finally, I got myself together, get some coffee and bagels, and then head down to RCP around 09:45.  As I arrived to the parking lot and hurried start my run.  I felt good and strong for this four-mile loop - http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5346975.  I know there are loads of route I can run in the area, but the major reason I repeat run this four times was because I am suck at loop course in marathon.  Gansett is a two-loop course marathon.  I need to get myself ready for the boredom part of that marathon.
First loop, I ran out strong and split: 6m’23.5s, 6m’38.0s, 7m’09.7s, & 6m’43.2s for total of 26m’54.4s, which average 6m’43.6s per mile.
Second loop, I started feeling a little tiredness on quads when I hit the inclines; but I still split pretty decent: 6m’59.8s, 6m’41.7s, 6m’43.9s, & 6m’52.0s for total of 27m’17.4s, which average 6m’49.3s’ per mile.
Third loop splits were 6m’39.2s, 6m’34.1s, 7m’19.4s, & 6m’47.4s for total of 27m’20.1s, which average 6m’50.0s’ per mile.
Fourth loop splits were 7m’09.1s, 6m’57.8s, 6m’47.3s, & 7m’02.2s for total of 27m’56.4s, which average 6m’59.1s’ per mile.  At the end, I ran additional 0.3 mile (2m'04.7s) to make up the total of 16.3 miles or 26.23 kilometers.  I finished with a time of 1h’51m’33.0s’ average out of 6m’51s’ per mile; which that is my current marathon personal best pace.  Bingo! 
I felt excellent when was done, did some light stretches, and then called it for the day.  However, I think I ran pretty well, considering that is not an easy 16.3 miles course.  I think I will be ready for Cherry and Gansett in next few weeks.
Sunday morning was another day of soreness, so I skip my morning run, but was planning to jog in the afternoon.  But I squatted down to do garden work in the back yard, which put too much pressure onto both knees; I was in pain for the second half of that afternoon.  I thought my knees were about to broke apart.  I put ice packs under the hammy after dinner while I watching Bob’s Burger. 
I thought I felt okay on Monday morning.  I got to L Street locker at the usual hour, changed, and jog out the lobby.  The first mile or so was feeling pretty good and then I felt the soreness on both my knees and quads.  I slow down and finished with the run with 35m’12s, approx. 4.8 miles.  Tuesday morning was rain like a wet dog got out of water, so I skip the run, and tried to get myself finish with some work. 
I got my work done early enough to let myself jog out of lobby around 16:45.  To avoid tourists, I en-routed onto RCP Parkway trail toward the zoo, then turn around at wooden bridge under Klingle Road NW, and then head back to work; the first half was nice, then when I turn around on the bridge, I felt a sudden sharp pain under the left knee cap.  I stopped, stretch some, walk some, start jog slowly, and then running again.  I finished with the run with a time of 70m’31s’ for approx. 10.1 miles. 
I iced both hammy as soon I can, which I felt pretty nice.  I still don’t know what the heck that was, but it was surely scare the dung out of me.  I took some prescription strength of Advil before bed.
Wednesday morning was supposed to be my tempo workout; but not today after last night’s scares.  I took it extreme easy this morning.  I jogged across Fourteenth Street Bridge and back to work on Key Bridge, I logged for about 58m’44s’ approx. 7.9 miles. 
I must take it easy now, Cherry Blossom Ten Miler and Gansett marathon are right around the corner; if I get hurt now, it almost guaranty that I need to pull out of both races; in which waste my dollars and months of hard work.  I am going cross train tomorrow – I have a 23-miler long run this weekend and Piece of Cake 10K is on Sunday morning, which I must run that long run on Friday morning; I also going to take Saturday off from running and not do any squatting. 


Here is an article from NY Times about running shoes, maybe you'll be interested to read: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/21/making-the-case-for-running-shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment