Translate

20120531

May 6 – May 31, 2012

I took friends’ advice to the heart and not running a lot for a month or so.  However, several friends asked few times about my running, wonder I am injury or just being lazy.  The answer is neither; I tried to get my body and mind recover from Gansett marathon, so I can run a better marathon again in the fall.  Here is brief summary in the month of May.
May 6, 2012: I got up very early morning ran an easy hour on Buffalo Avenue toward the fall in Niagara Fall, NY; logged approx. 7 miles with some sign seeing.   
May 7 – May 13, 2012: Only jog/walk a few miles here and there in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa, Boston while touring around.  After that weeklong trip, I was able to ran MCRRC Run Aware 5K upon arrival on May 13.  I finished approx. 25 ~ 30 miles for the week with all activities.  Also, join and become the Assistant Race Director for MCRRC Juni Rennen 5K.
May 14 – May 20, 2012: After I return home, I slowly start my running again.  I logged approx. 34.5 miles for the week.  Most notably, I ran the PL route (9.3 miles) in Aspen Hill for a time 65m’58s’; I used to be able to run this route within 61 minutes during the peak training.  I also start to work as Assistant Coach/Pacer in MCRRC Half Marathon Program.
May 21 – May 27, 2012: I ran hard week too.  I finished that week with the total approx. distance of 35 miles; with a longest run of 10.3 miles since marathon. 
May 28 – May 31, 2012: Friends came visit me during Memorial Day weekend and I didn’t get to run MCRRC 5K; but was not a deal breaker, since it was super-hot day for running races and that was not a Champion Series race.  As many of you may learn from my blog that I lived in San Antonio TX for long time and love Texas sports team, especially the Spurs and the Long Horn.  For some unnecessary reasons, I didn’t get to watch second half Spurs’ game; however, good thing that they beat Thunder in game I. 

Since Monday was so hot and I didn’t run.  I hike around Difficult Run Trail that day instead of running.  It was very good and still sweats so much under tree-tunnel. 
Tuesday, I didn’t get to catch the first bus in the morning and didn’t get to work as early as I wanted to; so I skip the early morning run and ran in the evening.  NOAA forecasted t-shower for Tuesday evening right before I left work and I was hoping I can run in the rain; but it didn’t run when I started.  It was so warm and humid to run anywhere; I decide stroll on MHT to avoid direct sunlight on the road, but still didn’t help much running in that tunnel of tree and leaves.  I ran approx. 6 miles in 42m’03s’.  Then the rain came within the hour I finished my run.  Spurs took game II in the NBA Western Conference.  Go Spurs Go!
The rain does cool off the heat on Wednesday morning.  I get to L street locker bright and early; head out and ran on RC PKWY trail for 6.8 miles in 46m’20s’.

Today is the last day of May and I woke up with a soreness that I didn’t feel for a while.  But temperature wise was very cool for running.  I got to my locker reasonably early, quickly change into running gear, and then head out the building.  As I easy stroll down 15th street toward Treasury Building, I ran into beautiful Ms. B Young and she looks super strong. 
I didn’t feel like push the pace and just want to get an easy run in in this cool late spring morning.  I cross over 14th Street Bridge, en-route Mt. Vernon Trail, back in DC on Key Bridge, and then as I stroll on P Street toward Du Pont Circle, I ran into Mr. B Young.  What are the chances for me to run into both Young twins in one run within the hour?  I wonder I should get lottery today…  I got in approx. 7.8 miles in 55m’04s’.  I finished with only 127.2 miles for the month of May.  And Spurs should win tonight at OKC!!!
Tomorrow is International Children Day and I will need to get some last minute items ready for Juni Rennen 5K on the coming Sunday. 

If you are going to be in town on June 17 and wanna have some sweet treat from Georgetown Cupcake and good old fun; then you should sign up GRC Father's Day 8K at http://www.fathersday8k.com/.  

No comments:

Post a Comment