Translate

20121127

Seven Days After Thunder Passed

I took six full days off from running after Thunder Road Marathon, but I did some Yoga, walking, and some light hiking on Turkey Day.  On November 24, I ran the 2012 MCRRC Turkey Burnoff Ten Mile and was the first run back after marathon. 

I got to the Great Seneca Park early enough to jog around to get my legs warm up; it felt very weird and hard find my rhythm.  At 09:00, "GO" was called, flock of runners stroll forward, and wind pick up again ahead of us just like a week ago in Charlotte.  I tuck myself behind group of five, but I just can't seem all there with them after few hundred yards.  I pulled myself to the side and running solo. 

I clocked 6m'27s' at mile one and I told to myself, 'slow f#$k down, you are running too fast and too soon after marathon.'  I pulled back, continuous to find my rhythm on rolling hills of Seneca Park, and I clocked 6m'38.6s', 6m'50.2s', 6m'39.4s', & 6m'32.8s' for mile 2, 3, 4, & 5, respectively.

At 5th mile turn around, I placed 8th overall, and clocked at 33m'08s'.  I felt hot and toss the top layer off to Mr. Mornini; I believe my fitness and endurance still there after several days off.  I pushed myself forward and maintain my spot.  I clocked 6m'23.1s', 6m'16.0s', 6m'37.4s', 6m'39.9s', & 5m'22.9s' for mile 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10, respectively.  Since I been running tangent on every curve, Garmin mapped me additional 0.11 miles after the 10th, and ran 2m'54.7s'.  I finished with the race with a time of 1h’7m’22s’; not too bad for someone without running for six days after marathon.

I took Sunday off again just recover myself for Seneca Slopes 8K on December 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment