Translate

20130131

January 2013


I haven’t post anything update regarding to training for a little while, not that I haven’t run, just plain old lazy with post anything up here.  Here is a brief summary, for the last few weeks, I am slowly getting back to full training mode.  The target race for this spring is CarmelMarathon in Indiana on April 20 for the 12th state.  I logged 38 miles for the first week of 2013 with two races. 

For the week of January 7, I logged 41 miles with a pretty excellent track workout on Wednesday and strong effort in a Shooting Starr 6K. 

Before the Wednesday workout, I was planning to run each quarter at 90 seconds with 400m recover in the first half, and run 4x200m at 45-second with 200m jog for the second.  Then I ran 1m'17.02s', 1m'19.62s', 1m'17.80s', 1m'14.57s', 1m'17.50s', 1m'18.80s', 1m'16.58s', 1m'17.38s', 1m'17.00s', and 1m'15.36s' for the quarters and 0m'37.02s', 0m'38.22s', 0m'37.38s', and 0m'37.33s' for 200m.  I logged just under 9 miles for that day. 

Shooting Starr was great day to run; temp was at mid-40s, not snow, no ice, but little breeze (I think).  I can’t remember all the detail in that race, but I know I clocked the exact same time as 2012; I think that’s pretty cool.  I ran additional 6 miles afterward as cool down.

Week of January 14, I logged 46 miles, and another solid track workout; the plan was to run 8x800m at 2m’55s’ with 400m recover.  However, I somehow miscounted and only did 9 repeats, but it was still very good workout for me this early in training.  I ran 2m'55.3s', 2m'56.3s', 2m'54.4s', 2m'44.2s', 2m'47.7s', 2m'54.6s', 2m'58.8s', 2m'59.8s', and 2m'51.7s' for the workout; I logged about 11 miles for the day.  Long run was on Saturday for 15 miles on RCP trail.

Week of January 21 was an interesting week of running.  MLK day was warm enough for me to run in short and watch presidential inauguration on TV.  Tuesday turned into a very-cold day that freezes my you-know-what while I ran Hais Point loop at 07:00 from L Street.  It was blowing blister 20+ miles wind with 7 degree wind-chill temperature that literally took my breath away. 

Before that Wednesday’s workout, I planned for a 4xmile repeat in that 27-degree cold night; but when I arrived, there were no light on the track, and then several of us gather together for a shorter workout with a bright headlamp instead.  At that last minute, we planned to run 2 miles warm up, 2 miles at 6m’15s’ pace, and then 2 miles warm down.  Somehow, Dennis M got the Wotton High official turn on the light for us while we were half way into our 2-mile workout.  After that, Keane and I got so warm up; we decided to run two additional miles to get some distance in.  At the end of that evening, we ran a pretty weird workout, 2-mile at 12m’29s’, 1-mile at 5m’59s’ and 6m’12s’, and logged about 8.5 miles with everything together.

Thursday was still very cold and my legs were sore.  I only logged about 5 miles during lunch hour.  Took Friday off from running,  ran 17.5 miles in 2h’13m’ with MCRRC group from Bethesda to Kamp Mill at 07:00 on Saturday morning, and got a rub-down that afternoon.  I felt good and recharged on Sunday morning, not sure was due to the massage or 10-hour sleep, and ran out for a 5-mile run around the house and finished on icy Matthew Henson Trail.  I finished with 51 miles for the week.  That following Sunday night, I attended a party and pick up some gear from the new team.

Week of January 28 was somewhat better week of running, mostly because is my cut back week.  Monday morning was raining frozen rain, hazy, cold, and windy in the morning.  Temp went back up to 40s degree during lunch hour. I stroll around Jefferson and via RC Parkway back to work, and got in for 42m’35s’, approx. 6.2 miles.  Tuesday was much warmer day and felt like early spring, I took an extra-long lunch break to run for 52m’29s’ approx. 8 miles from Key Bridge via Fourteenth Street Bridge back to work.  After the run, I attended a Yoga session at work to get some stretches done.  I have been doing Yoga for a little while and it seems really does help with my flexibilities. 

For Wednesday’s workout, MCRRC plan was running 6x1k, but I increased the repetition to eight and run it no slower than 3m’45s’ per kilometer.  Weather was not too bad when I arrived to Wotton; we get warm up and off to go, by running 3m'37.23s', 3m'36.63s', 3m'42.86s', 3m'38.85s', and 3m'45.99 each kilo.  As soon as we started the sixth, rain started pour down, and I ran the remainder three sets in 3m'46.99s', 3m'50.27s', and 3m'45.65s'.  Not bad!  I finished the night with ten miles in total with my wet shoes.

Today is Thursday and I woke up with a pair of very sore quad.  Iced them down as soon I get to work while sat in my chair; out running during lunch for about 37 minutes, approx. 5.2 miles.  I closed first month of year with 201 miles as I slowly getting back into full training schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment