Translate

20150205

I Am Back...


Hello readers! Sorry I stopped blogging since July last year due heel injury.  I was running, but very minimum miles and I had nothing notable to write.  Time went by and my foot finally feel better, I started running once per week in October, then every other two days in November, and then every other day in December. 

By end of December, I logged about 20 miles per week.  I summed up my running log for 2014 and I ran 996 miles – that is not even half of distance I logged in 2013.  Injury sucks!!! But I racked up tone of miles on my bike by commuting to work, 2155 miles!  That isn’t too bad.

As usual, I visited my family during holidays in southern Cal, running two days in a row just before Christmas, and three days in a row started on second week of January.  By the end of January, I averaged 30 miles per weeks and foot stay strong.  I felt good and confidence.

Morning of February 1, I ran MCRRC Country Road Five Miles.  I planned to run easy at 7:12 pace and that was a cold day with icy spot on the road.  I didn’t want to get hurt from it, so I started it easy and tried to hold back on the downhill mile one, but I clocked 6:22.  Road turned into hills and clocked 6:46 for mile two.  We turned around at halfway and I was just seconds behind new MCRRC teammate Sarah, I tried my best to stay with her.  We passed miles three together with a time of 7:03.  Roll around to mile four, we clocked 6:29 and passed her soon after.  I ended up with a time of 33m’29s’ for the race, which averaged out 6:42 pace.  




This took me by surprise.  The race time was far off from my personal record, but my fitness was good enough to put me on track to races.  I jogged two miles with Miles on ICC trail as warm down.  Next race is RRCA Ten Miles Challenge in Columbia and that will serves as a tune up for Cherry Blossom; but I will be traveling the week before and probably hard to squeeze a workout in.  So I’ll see …
 


No comments:

Post a Comment