Translate

20110908

Pay close attention while running...

Lesson to learn for this week is pay attention while running.  Why?  Please continue reading…


September 3, 2011 - I rose early and dragged myself to the Line to do my 21-miler run.  Here is the detail – http://connect.garmin.com/activity/111588857.  While I was running down Valley Trail in Rock Creek Park, my mind wonder off to something else, didn’t look closely what I stepped on; and then my right foot must had land on a piece of lose rock.  Next thing I know I was face down on the trail; I rolled over, sat there for few seconds, check out myself, I saw some bruises on my right knee and calf.  It is nothing serious.  I slowly stand up; I felt fine, and continuous finish the run.

The lesson here is pay attention while you running, don’t wonder off your mind…


September 4, 2011 – Day off from running.

September 5, 2011 – Day off from running.

September 6 2011 - Ran with M Barry at work around lunch hour.  We were planning to get down to the towpath, then get on Glover Archibold Trail, then connect to Mass Avenue, and then back to work; but we missed the turn as we chatting pass the entry.  I didn't realize it till I hit Fletcher boat house.  So long story short, instead to run the planned 6-miler, we ran 10.5 for 1h'24m'38s'.

The lesson here is pay attention while you running, don’t chatting away with your friends, and missed your turn.


September 7, 2011 – I got stuck at work with some training course and missed out a run in thunderstorm and I called a day off from running, since I am tapering after all.

September 8, 2011 – Around lunch hour, I was hoping down pour rain; but not a drop rain I felt while I ran 59:13 for approx. 8.0 miles.

September 9, 2011 – I am going to take another day off from running and do stretches and core exercises.

September 10, 2011 – Early morning pre-race run; then will go down to the Pike, pick up my Parks Half’s package, and donate half dozen of used running shoes to MCRRC Green Team.  So if you reading this post and have lots of used running shoes in house/room/closet, please donate them to Green Team.  We only have one earth and are our responsibility to save it.

MCRRC Green Team - http://www.mcrrc.org/greenteam/

September 11, 2011 – It is ten years since that World shocking event. It is race day for Parks Half marathon.  I will write another post later about my thought on 9/11 and race review for Parks.



Song of the week is the theme song from a newly released movie in Taiwan and I am waiting for it's release day in US.  I think I mostly will see it online in the near future, rather than on VCD/DVD; but the song is so great - 那些年,我們一起追的女孩

No comments:

Post a Comment