Translate

20110913

September 10 – September 13, 2011

September 10, 2011 – I rose early and ran around Aspen Hill neighborhood for 30:02 approx. 4.09 miles.

September 11, 2011 – Ten years since the tragedy event, I remember I was in actually late to my Astronomy class. When I arrived, my professor had us watch ABC News and I was totally confuse – ‘what movie is that’. Moment later, the university issued the early dismissal notice...

It just like yesterday. It was supposed to be a normal day, but it seem every person I spoke with has fresh memory about that day; specially for people in DC region, they remember those exact terrorized hours. The way people remember 9/11 remind me of how older Chinese people remember the Culture Revolution and/or 1989 Tiananmen Square; I personally remember how June 4th, 1989 was like - I don't think I will forget that. Anyway ...

However, Parks Half Marathon was on September 11. I got to the starting line early, jog about 1.5 mile as warm up, then met up the Chris, Shannon, Jordan, Mike, and Scott, and race started at 07:00 after national anthem and moment-of-silent for the victim of 9/11.

Before the race start, I was planning to run first 3 miles at 6:40/mi (marathon pace), 7 miles faster than 6:40, and then ease to the finish line for the last 3.1 miles; but I never get my plan workout as planned. I ran out fast as ‘GO’ was call out and hit the first mile mark at 6:16, then I gradually slow down to met my target pace, but it didn’t work correctly; but I managed to finished with 1h’26m’46s’, average 6:38 per mile. My splits are below –

01 0:06:16
02 0:06:27
03 0:06:38
04 0:06:37
05 0:06:42
06 0:06:34
07 0:06:47
08 0:06:34
09 0:06:32
10 0:06:31
11 0:06:48
12 0:06:45
13 0:06:51
13.1 0:00:38

I know if I tried to run hard, I could have PRed it; but Akron Marathon is on September 24 – less than two weeks, so I ran a solid half marathon with strong marathon pace and I believe I made a correct decision to build a strong confident for Akron. By looking at the splits, I strongly believe I can run 2h’55m’ ~ 2h’57m’ in Akron; if I do the right “thing” and with some luck, I may be able to run 2h’54s’ in Tucson. I’ll see ...

I went to Jeff’s Corn Hole party at his penthouse near the finish line afterward; it was my first ever playing that game and it was pretty fun.

September 12, 2011 – I woke up with sore calves and took the day off from running, but did walk with a coworker from office to G-town store to help him pick up correct running shoes, and share some running insight with Wilson.

Boston marathon was open for registration. I thought about to sign up right the way, but I just can’t find an exact reason I need to sign up seven months ahead. I know Boston is the capital city for MA and is a damn old marathon; but I just don’t see it would worthy for me to register so early.

What if I get hurt? What if? Just the “what if” may happen and gets me lost all that money and work. I prefer to build up some mileage before I commit to any race; by looking it, I don’t think I will ever get to run Boston Marathon; however, I think I will run Cape Cod marathon in October and the historical background of the area is more attractive to me than Boston. I’ll see ...

September 13, 2011 – Calves are not as sore when I woke up this morning and decide to run around Mall and Rock Creek PKWY during lunch hour. I ran for 34:53 approx. 5.1 miles.

I must take it very easy for the next few days before Akron marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment