Translate

20111013

October 7 - October 13, 2011

10/07/2011 – I took a day off after five days of post-marathon-jogging.
10/08/2011 – I ran with about a dozen guys from G-town store. We en routed down the towpath to Ernie’s Loop, connect to the zoo, back to store though RCP trails, and added 2 more miles on towpath; logged approx. 15 miles for 1h’48m’38s’.  It was longest run since Akron marathon.
10/09/2011 – I woke up early and got myself out to MC Agricultural History Farm Park for MCRRS’ XC 5K on the Farm.  Boy!  I was so sore after Saturday’s long run and ended up finished with a time of 21m’20s’; where I ran 20m’51s’ in 2010.  I jogged for about 1.5 mile or so afterward for an approx. 5 miles for the day.
10/10/2011 – Columbus Day.  It was a day off for work, but not from running; but I did sleep in for some.  I didn’t start my run till late morning.  Air was warm around 70s degree.  I ran down Mathew Henson Trail, connect into northern Silver Spring neighborhood, and then back into Aspen Hill’s area for approx. of 7.5 miles with a time of 55:41, nice and easy.
10/11/2011 – I felt strong after an easy run and was planning to take a day off from running; but I realized that I had a massage appointment in afternoon at PMTI.  So I decided to a short run during lunch hour, so I can built up some lactate acid for the therapist to work on.  So I ran for 38:38, approx. 5.6 miles. 
While I thought I will have a good massage from an experience’ student; but I was wrong, so unlucky and lucky at the same time.  I had a new student as my therapist; I am not blaming her and her work, but I was just so LUCKY enough to have a brand new student served me.  I felt she was only touching me, rather than massaging me.  However, I do feel glad that wasn’t an appointment after a key workout/long-run.  I made another appointment afterward for my post-23-miler massage.

On the positive note, I got approved from the race director to sign up with Gansett Marathon in RI; unless something comes up, I am more than likely to run that as my spring marathon. 

10/12/2011 – Easy track workout.  17 days after Akron marathon, I got myself back onto the oval for an easy track work out.  I didn’t want to do any so fast and so soon after the marathon; so I schedule myself to run the workout by "feel".  400x2 @ 1:30, 800x2 @ 3:00, 1600x2 @ (not slower than 6:50), 1600x2 @ (not slower than 6:46), 2:00~3:00 break between reps. 
I ended up running:
400 – 1:48.10 (0.32 mile) + 1:22.98 (0.25 mile)
800 – 3:03.12 (0.52 mile) + 3:00.29 (0.52 mile)
1600 – 6:18.28 (1.09 mile) + 6:28.58 (1.07 mile)
1600 – 6:30.17 (1.06 mile) + 6:06.55 (1.04 mile)
I think my splits were good for someone just ran a marathon two weeks ago; but I really need to slow myself down at REAL marathon target pace and try not to hurried up to finish each rep.  I think it would be easier keep that pace, if I do it without any assistance; that way, my ego won’t kick in unintentionally.  However, I will continuous go to MCRRC track next week; if I really can’t pace myself to what I want, then I will need to run it on my own in JFK High School ... 


I didn’t know what exactly happen to my Garmin watch.  I tried to upload my runs soon after I got home; but it shut down completely as soon as I plugged into my PC.  It looked like no power, but I charged it every day at work.  Then it disallowed me to charge when I plugged it into the wall.  I don’t know what the heck happen.  I was so upset and about to call Chris up for tech support (kidding).  Then this morning, it somehow allowed me charge it.  After several hours of charge at work; it comes back to life.  Does this happen to you before about your Garmin watch?  Any thought?

10/13/2011 – After a semi hard track workout, I felt tight and sore.  So I adventured to towpath and ran on Archibald Glover Trail and planned on get to Mass Avenue though Whitehaven Trail.  Today was my first time on that trail by myself, I got little lost.  The trail was muddy and everything looks about the same, after couple days of rain and getting into autumn.  I somehow managed got myself onto 37th street and ran about two miles of side walk back to work.  I got in 54:17 for the run, approx. 7.25 miles.  I need to run more with the Fox or GRCrs to know all the turns on those trails. 

Tomorrow is an off-day and stretches.  MCRRC Black Hill XC 10K is on Saturday and a 17-miler long run on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment