Translate

20111112

November 11 - November 12, 2011 (Personal Best in CCC 5K)

11/11/2011 - I felt very strong and fresh with Thursday off, got out and ran very easy in the morning for 23m'51s' approx. 3.2 miles as a pre-race warm up.

11/12/2011 - I felt very well this morning and got to starting of Candy Cane City 5K around 07:30.  I stroll around for about 1.8 mile as warm up.  Then I changed shoes and took some shoes off.

"GO” was call out at 08:00 and I ran out with pack of eleven (or so).  Three of them were drop behind me within the first mile.  I hold my pace and hit the first mile at 5m’36.55s’ I was little surprise when I see that.  I know I been train well, but really?!  Then the race is got onto Beach Drive and we made a 180 degree turn out at half way; it is small incline from there, and then I hit second mile at 5m’55.72s’.  I noticed the pace is slow down and known that finished line is near.  So I picked up some toward the end.  I ran this race before and knew I need to run around an island on Meadowbrook Lane.  So, I let a guy pass me and use him as my wind blocker.  Mile three marker is on the services road off Meadowbrook and I hit 5m'41.30s’.  With him ahead of me, I been able to pass him around mile 3.05, and then charged to the end with a brand new 5K Personal Best of 18m’21s’I think this PR is due to all those mileage I been doing on the oval.

After the race, I ran down Beach Drive via Valley Trail and back for additional 11.8 miles to add into my 16 miler long run.

1 comment: