Translate

20111101

October 29 - November 1, 2011

10/29/2011 – The soreness of the left fade away as I go out of bed on Saturday.  I rode metro down to Armory and help out in Running Company’s booth in MCM Expo.  It was my first ever working in the retail industry.  I didn’t know anything about how to sell anything; thanks for Ben, Wilson, and Victor show me how get the job done.  The job is not complicate, but the hour of standing is tough, and it remind me of time when I was wait table back in the day.  Time went by fast when you are busy, I left there around 20:00, then I got myself home around 21:00, and then hit the sack around 22:30. 
10/30/2011 – I woke up dark and early; made myself some coffee and bagels as pre-run fuel.  By 06:45, I was ready to roll; but I looked outside, it still in complete darkness.  I decided to wait for a few.  At 07:15, sky started brighten some, I strolled down Rippling Brook, and began my 23-miler run.  After Saturday’s frozen rain, the wooden portion of Matthew Hanson Trail was wet and icy.  I slow my pace down and slowing gets over that quarter mile long bridge.  I ran very slowly due limit sighting and notable black ice on the trail.  However, I gotta agree with Red-fox’s description of fall in Rock Creek Trail (http://jakeklim.blogspot.com/2011/10/it-was-arguably-worst-weather-to-run-in.html); autumn in Rock Creek Park is truly beautiful and made my run easier. 
I turned around on 10.9-mile on RCP Trail and MD-410.  The return trip was much easier after temperature rose significantly after sunrise.  Sine I have an older model of Garmin watch and signal lost due I ran in Connecticut Avenue tunnel; I only have 20 mile or so with a time of 2h’39m’24s’ when I get to Georgia Avenue and MHT; so in order to avoid under train, I decided to run for three hours, rather than by distance.  I mapped my run on GP and get a total approx. distance of 23.82 miles for total running time of 3h’01m’15s’, average 7m’39s’ per mile.  I finished with 62 miles for the week.  I felt generally fine after the run and I stretched a few. 
Around 12:30, I got myself onto a massage table in PMTI and I have an excellent graduate student-therapist.  After last time, I decided not to save the dollars to get a decent and more skillful therapist for my post 23-miler massage.  Around 13:35, I was up and walking around without much soreness that I used to feel after an extra-long-run.  I spoke briefly with coaches about this experience.  They are glad about my training and still suggest me to take next two days off/very easy; which I had that plan already.
Also, congratulate to the huge Personal Bests in MCM for B. Young and C. Solane.  Great job guys!

10/31/2011 – The massage was great for muscles; but soreness still bother my joints.  I felt tire after a solid 9-hour sleep.  I think it must have something to do with my body try to recover from Sunday’s long run and partly from Akron Marathon.  I decided to be wise not to run on Monday and Tuesday. 
Monday is also Halloween.  It is a least favorite “holiday” for me.  I think give out free candy to children is a worst way to educate the new generation without any work.  Maybe I still try to understand this country and culture; but the fact that I never have anything “free” when I growing up.  My family taught me that way, and I always work hard or at least I think I worked hard.  However, I got home early enough to keep my porch light OFF; but some fucking brats/idiots still rang my door bell.  I bet those brats that rang my bell will grow up to become a group of freeloader to our society. 
Buddha bless United States of America! 
11/01/2011 – No running as pre-caution for my body to get recover and stronger after last weekend hard runs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment