Translate

20120207

February 6 – February 7, 2012

02/06/2011 was nicely warm in the afternoon.  After a late night sleep due to Super Bowl party I attended, I decided not to run in the morning, and run in the afternoon after work.  It was about 51 degree around 16:25.  I ran across Memorial Bridge and back to office on Key Bridge; logged 43m’29s’ approx. 6.7 miles.

02/07/2012 – I woke up very early and got myself arrived to work at 06:42; changed clothes, and jogged out the building lobby at 06:48.  The air was much cooler than the night before and it’s in the 40s.  Sunrise is getting earlier than before, sky gotten bright around 07:00, and assisted me on the run.  I ran Hais Point without any cyclists speeds pass me as any part of day.  I logged 1h’02m’14s’ approx. 8.75 miles.  

I felt strong afterward, but little sore and tired; but I need to recover from this run fast.  Tomorrow is the first tempo workout the year.  I been debate regarded to my speed work since Tucson Marathon.  I didn’t do jack on the track last spring and ran very well in CB10 and New Jersey Marathon; but I ran so-so in the fall when I hit the track hard.  I am not sure I should go back to track or just do my minute(s) repeats on the Point; however, I do want to break an hour in Cherry Blossom Ten and a new personal best in Gansett Marathon, then I am going to do the good-old-fartlek on the Point. 

So, the plan is start with –
15m' easy jog as warm up,
2x2m’ @ 10K effort with 2m’ breaks

4x4m’ @ 10-miler effort with 4m’ breaks
2x2m’ @ 10K effort with 2m’ breaks
Then finish with 15m’ easy jog as warm down. 
All these should add up to 78m' and approx. 11 miles or so.

When daylight getting longer, then I may do this workout on a track in the evening; I’ll see…

No comments:

Post a Comment