Translate

20120930

September 24 - September 30, 2012

I felt somewhat sore, but nothing too terrible after the Bachmann Valley Half Marathon.  I slept in some on Monday and ran in the evening on grass for 40m'45s' approx. 5.5 miles. 

Tuesday morning was nicely cool and I stroll around RCP trail for 40m'57s' approx. 5.5 miles before work in the morning.

Wednesday night was track workout with MCRRC group.  I planned to do six by miler repeat and average around 6-minute pace with 400m recover.  I got to the track early enough to get warm up before everyone else gets in, then I ran one mile on my own before I join with others for the other four reps, then finished the sixth miler on my own.  I splits: 5m'50.00s', 5m'51.73s', 5m'56.46s', 5m'59.39s', 5m'59.03s', & 6m'01.75s'; which averaged out around 5m'56.4s'.  I finished the day with 1h'16m'11s' approx. 10.1 miles (included warm up/down. rest, and workout). 

Thursday morning was extreme painful and sore for me to get ready for work.  Iced myself twice while sitting at my desk during work hours.  I managed to log in 8 miles at the end day before sun down.

Friday was off day.

I jogged about four miles on Western Ridge Trail on Saturday morning after drop Lin to work as I was gearing up for Falls Road 15K the next day.  I check the race website repeattedly and be ensure the starting time is 7:30am on Sunday mornning.

Sunday at 05:55, Lou came to my house and pick me to Druid Hill Park.  By 07:12, we got out number.  I quickly did a half mile warm up, then made my way to the starting line.  There was not much of starting line to speak of, just a black marked line across the parking line, "GO" was shout, and then we were on our way.  I ran down the hill with Keith Levasseur for ten seconds, then he took off and hold the lead till the end.  John Blum and Maurice Pointer caught and pass me before mile one; they also finished the race with second and third place, respectively.  I hold my fourth spot till the end as well.  I finished with a time of 59m'53s' and placed first in division. 



What a payback from last week!!! What a way to celebrate Mid-Autumn Festival!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment