Translate

20121007

October 1 – October 7, 2012

Monday Morning, I felt little sore after solid eight hours sleep and ran very easy for 41m'57s' on a ball field of local middle school near home after work.  The run was pleasant and what made it best was I found a small fortune on my way home; I spotted some green paper under some red leaves on North Gate Drive.  I noticed that's something very unusual, I stopped my watch, turn around, bend down, and saw an image of Andrew Jackson in front of me - a twenty dollar bill.  Super-freaking-nice (your greedy joke comes here)!  You may ask, 'what ya going to do with the money?'

Well... I am going to put that money into my jar of money-found-from-out-and-about (running/jogging/walking/sitting).  I started this tradition from a running friend back home, Joe D; whom put money into a jar that he found while running and donate to charity of his church at the end of each year.  I really like his idea and did my share when I was in San Antonio.  After I moved here, I continue with the exact same idea.  I have this jar since summer 2005:

Since Summer of 2995, I found $6.25 of pennies while out-n-about

Here is my thought on this, since money we found on the road is not from hard work, it is a Buddha (God, or Allāh) giving fortune, then it should go to someone in need or charities.  I went down to the bank next day, had it exchanged into dimes,  

$20 of dimes

 and then store into this second jar (since January 2012).



$26 of quarters, dimes, and nickles
This is not a requirement, but if you like this idea, maybe you do some good or Karma while you out-and-about from now on and it can make your run more enjoyable.  A penny may not bring luck to you, but it surely can add up and bring fortune/luck to others.

Tuesday morning was raining when I leave home, but road was dry in the District when I got to L Street locker.  I quickly change clothes, ran out for a 6.8 miles run before work, and finished 50m'30s'.  Rain finally caught up with me toward the end my run, which was very pleasant to run in rain, and found a penny next to the building.

Wednesday was track workout, but there were no track; Wotton Football field was occpied by ball team.  I ran 10.8 miles with the guys on Millennium trail.  A side note outside of running, my deadbeat renter finally moved out and I have a room with private bath open for rent.  Let me know if you interested.

Thursday morning was sore with stiff legs.  I got home early after work, and then ran down Matthew Henson Trail and nearby neighborhood street for an hour, approx. 8.3 miles.

Friday was off day as the usual.  I read this blog on Runners' World UK, forward it to Mike Wardian, and he replied moment later with this comment, 'Dang, I got to do that when I am better.'

How cool is that?!?!

Saturday mornin, wake up early, breakfast, coffee, then drive down to the Line, and ran my 23.7 miles in 2h'57m'55s', average around 7m'30s'per mile.  While I was out running around DC, I noticed I slowly became a Garmin Junkie - I can't live without my watch.  Signal was drop while I was running and I was angry with my watch.  So I guess my question is what can I do?  Should I go back the old way without a gps watch or get a newer-better-upgraded one?

Anway, Sunday is a day off and spend some good time at John's Autumn party.


No comments:

Post a Comment