Translate

20130106

Short Review on 2012 and Looking Forward for 2013


At the beginning of 2012, I put my focus back on training after the frustrating result in Tucson Marathon.   I don’t think I was training very hard for Gansett since it was just a few weeks after Tucson, but the training still pretty tired me out.  I usually train and race hard, I hit PBs in pretty much every 2011 races during the spring season, but not in 2012.  I didn’t get to run a personal best till Cherry Blossom, but the task of PBing stop with another disappointment in Narragansett RI.  But, I still placed within the top six finishers within MCRRC team in the RRCA Ten Mile Challenge.  

Other than that, there was not much going on for that first part of 2012.  It was time for recover and regroup for the fall marathon.  I took some time off from running hard by spending time with parents to travel north of border, traveled west to celebrate a birthday for some-what-distance-family-member, and became an assistant coach in MCRRC half marathon summer program; which does help me learn more about myself in running and personal life. 

After returning from west, I thought I was out of shape, but still ran Riley Rumble, and then Going Green 2-mile five days later; I surprised myself with a new personal best with a time of 11m’39s’.  Spin forward into September – a good month of racing, I venture up to Frederick and ran my first ever road mile in the Market Street Mile.  The next day, I ran a new personal best in Parks Half Marathon with a time of 1h’25m’34s’. 

Two weeks later, I drove up to Westminster to completed in Bachmann Valley Half Marathon and finished with a time of 1h’26m’45s’, but unfortunately, I arrived to starting line late due to my silliness and the race organizer only counted gun-time.  I worked off that terrible problem and ran my first ever 15K road race in Falls Road, finished with a time of 59m’53s’ and good enough for 4th overall.

Time comes and goes into November; I celebrate my 34th birthday by running a 26.2 in Charlotte.  Before the race, I was in great condition, training was in place, weight was low, and mood was good; but wind was picking up as I ran solo for the last 17 miles.  Then finished with a somewhat disappointed time, but I still ran a very smart in the last 10K.  However, the weather condition is out of control by all of us.  I ended the year with three more races afterward and very relaxing time away from MD in Johnson City with Lin. 

Looking back 2012, I learned the preciousness of life and we all should treasure people around us.  2012 may not be the year of end-of-the-world we were expecting, but it is the year for my personal experiences gain.  I need to give my special thanks to teammates in Georgetown Running Company; when I first joined the team, it was the lowest point of my life.  Running got me out of that hole and develops stronger over time, put hope back in horizon, and cure the pain of that terrible event.  Special thanks to J Klim, P Murphy, K Dusen, C Ban, R Jarrin, A Sovonick, and Coach Jerry for encouragement over the years.  I truly wish Georgetown Running Club Racing Team grow stronger in 2013 and beyond.  

Starting January 2013, I join different race team in the DC region.  I think it makes more sense for me to leave GRC, since I hardly joined any weekday’s workout with the team due to work schedule.  I know for sure, GRC will be in my heart.  Let’s have a wonderful year in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment