Translate

20130429

April 22 – April 28, 2013


What a week!  I didn’t do a lot last week.  I did two one-hour yoga lesson to get things relax on both Monday and Tuesday.   Then I only did an hour lesson for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, plus walk a few miles after work.  For whatever reason, my left heel was sore, but feels nothing after icing. 

Saturday, I volunteered in Capital for a Day 5K and ran the race conservatively.  I know I was not supposed to run hard soon after marathon, so I planned to run 6m’20s’ per mile.  GO was call and I stroll up the road with couple dozen of youngsters.  Within half mile, youngsters slow down and only a handful of us venture on hilly Olney neighborhood.  By mile one, I looked at my watch, I saw nothing ticking, and realized I didn’t start my watch.  Forget it!  I continuous the run without looking my watch again and finished the race with a time of 19m’25s’, average around 6m’14s’ per mile.  I jogged the course with Jennifer, Rob, and Jesse afterward as warm down.  I finished with the day (and the week) for total of 6.25 miles – shortest weekly mileage for the year. 
Thanks to Potomac River Running Company, I got into Marine Corps Marathon in 2013.


1 comment: