Translate

20130709

July 1 – July 7, 2013


Monday was nice day to run with Mike from work and talked about his progression to become the new generation of NASCAR racer; we did about 5.1 miles.  Tuesday was 7 miles solo on this route. 

Wednesday is another day for track workout under unwanted stress, but it was too damn hot and high humid for it.  I planned to run another set of 8x800m before I started.  Then I ran 2m’51.8s', 2m’53.5s', 2m’55.7s', 2m’56.5s', 2m’56.2s', & 3m’02.2s' for the first six sets.  I was just too warm and drained to continue.  At the last minute, I changed my plan to do the last two 800m into 4 sets of 400m, and then I ran 1m’26.6s', 1m’27.6s', 1m’21.6s', & 1m’19.7s'.  Even I didn’t do the same workout as I planned, but I can’t complain with these splits and under such horrible weather condition. 

On the nation birthday, I slept in late, and planned to run an hour on a ball field; but it was too f#$king hot and I ended up running 35m’40s’ on a ball field.  I was so dehydrate afterward.  Took Friday off from running, but did yoga for an hour.

Saturday was a day off from the Half Marathon group and run solo from Bethesda toward DC on CCT.  I ran from B&N to K street & 31st Street in 55m’05s’, turn around, and ran back B&N in 56m’11s’; approx. 14.95 miles in total. 

Sunday was supposed to be an easy day to jog around the Clopper Lake with Frank (another Frank, other than myself), but turned out to be a painful day for me.  I drove out the Seneca Park and met Frank really early.  Then we stroll into the park and down onto Lake Shore Trail.  While on the trail, as we chatting away, then I slip my mind for one second, a rock or root jump out of the trail, and kick my right foot.  Next thing I know, I was on the ground and face upward.  Left knee and left pinky were bloody.  I got up slowly and ignored the pain, and then finished a loop around the lake for approx. 45m’ and called it the day.  I went to an urgent care center afterward and get it check out; thankfully, nothing were broken, just scratch a few spots and bruised badly with my left pinky nail.  


So another lesson to learn for me: don’t think of other things while running on dirt trail, just run correctly.  Not sure it has anything to do with fall; my Garmin-210 is no longer working properly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment