Translate

20140708

Slowly, Slowly, Be Very Carefully...

Injury sucks! I never knew this, because I was a smart runner, at least I thought I was.  Then I got greedy on the mileage and training load, eventually got into this.  

I ran zero mile since June 5.  I was too painful just to walk or stand.  On June 13, after Lee's appointment, I gutted it out and ran the Run with June Bug XC for the heck of it.  What I tried to do was to run/jog off the frustration.  I finished the a time of 21m'41s'.  I can't complaint the result and glad I did it.

Then zero miles running streak continued.  On June 20, I finally done it.  I commute to work and back by bicycle.  I didn't know any better on the first ride and I took a very long way, 21.4 miles in 1h'33m'; felt so good to be able to felt the burn in legs.  Of course, it can't compare to running, always.  Then the following weeks, I rode more, but with shorter routes.  I got in about 100 miles per week on bike with two bike-commute days and some other ridding on weekend.

However, I did follow Lee's prescribed stretches and recommendation.  On the last day of June, I felt nothing on my left heel when I walk to the loo in the morning.  That was good feeling!

July 5th, I venture out to Little Bennett Park and jog the XC 10K.  I finished with a time of 48m'08s'.  That was hardest race for me for very long time.  The course has a lot of uphills, but downhills are equally awesome; but my lack of running-fitness was kicking my butt.  However, amazingly, I finished fifth overall and felt ever better to be able to run again.



Again, I can't complaint more.  But the stiffness return on Sunday morning when I roll out of bed.  I stretched like crazy and use heat pad, then the stiffness fade away on Monday morning.  I need to keep this at it...

Looking at the calendar, my plan to complete Hartford Marathon this year out of window, and I am still think I'll be able to run Rehoboth Beach Marathon in December. I'll see how this heel goes...



No comments:

Post a Comment