Translate

20150608

Week of June 1, 2015

I started with 5.3 miles run around the RC Parkway on the first day of June.  On Tuesday, I ran an easy 5 miles during lunch as I was gearing for Wednesday’s Tidal Basin/National Running Day 5K. 

Around 11:15 on Wednesday, I left my office and jogged down to Hais Point slowly.  It was cold; yes, you read it right.  It was cold at 58 degree and windy, unbelievable!  Time went by the G-word was yell and I charge forward with few brave souls, some were in running tight and long sleeve shirt.  There were nothing special to race around HP and I finished with a time of 19m’25; just good enough to placed first.  The warm-down back to office was pretty painful.

The next morning, I felt my left Iliotibial (IT) band was tight.  It was so tight that I was barely able lift my left leg out of bed.  I stretched right then, minutes later, I felt better.  I stretched all morning sitting next my desk.  I went out for lunch run for about 55 minutes and felt okay.  However, I took Friday and Saturday off from running, but did other form of exercises.


I ran about 12.5 miles with MCRRC Team; I have no Garmin and still using my Timex from college.  The pace was easy in the beginning, but quickly pick up, I follow, but felt comfortable.  However, after we stop for water in Bethesda, I started feeling to tightness on the way back.  

At the end, I managed to finish the run with Taylor in 1h’27m’12’.  Danny told me afterward that we were running around 7:30 pace first and drove down to about 6:20 – that’s very surprised me that I was able to hold that pace for roughly 6 – 7 miles with them (some 2:40 marathoners).  Regardless, I felt good and stretched a hell lot afterward.  I finished around 39 miles for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment