Translate

20120105

December 30, 2011 – January 5, 2012

Since last post on December 29, I ran an easy 30m’18s’ approx. 4.1 miles on the 30th; then I took New Years’ eve off from running.  Then on the early morning of New Years’ Day, I ran MCRRC NYD’s 5K in Seneca State Park.

Before the race start, I jogged with Lee for about mile as warm up, and then the race started on 09:30.  MCRRC organized many races in location, so most of us know the course is pretty hilly.  However, I still manage to finish with a time of 19m’11s’.  It is not a strong time, but is good enough for me since I didn’t do anything major training after Tucson Marathon.  I hung around for a little, before I head out for additional 7 miles round the park.  I never ran off-road in there before, so I somehow ramble onto the Mink Trail and found myself stroll out-n-back Lake Shore Trail (I didn’t want to get lost in the wood).  At end of the day, I logged for 1h’25m’13s’, approx. 11.1 miles.

It was the longest run since Tucson and felt sore the next day, very sore on hammy and quads.  As pre-caution, I took my day off on next day.  For 2012, I need to train smart, I need to allow my body to recover from hard runs and workout, I can’t keep load up miles without break.  As Arturo said once, ‘… resting is major part of your training too…'

01/03/2012 was the first workday for 2012 for me and it was so COLD and very windy.  I ran during lunch hour in the RCP trail to avoid wind.  But when head wind blew onto me, it literally took my breath away.  I logged 37m’52s’ for 5.2 miles for the day.

01/04/2012 was same coldness as the third, but less wind.  So ran along the river on Rock Creek Parkway and en-route to RCP trail during lunch hour; I logged 51m’18s’ for 7.1 miles for day.

01/05/2012 was warm up significantly and I decided to run across the Fourteenth Street Bridge and en-route back to work from Key Bridge; logged 55m’18s’ for 7.9 miles for the day.

While I was having a post snack, I saw this article on NY Times regarding using ice for sore muscles.  I totally agree with the part on resting and I think that is really what I really need.

No comments:

Post a Comment