Translate

20111231

2011 Review and Looking Ahead for 2012

2011 was a year to remember; it started the year with new personal bests one after another, but end with semi-disappointment in Tucson Marathon.  If I need to grade my running performance of 2011, I would give myself a B+; which has lots of room to improve.  

I started the year with a new personal best in MCRRC New Years Day 5K.  Then few weeks later, while to help my folks to move, I ran another new personal best in UTSA Diploma Dash5K.  After return to East with right amount of training, I ran three back to back personal bests in Cherry Blossom, Pike Peek 10K, and New Jersey Marathon.

After very impressive marathon finish in Long Branch NJ, somehow things were going south from there.  I didn’t notice at the time; but now, when I think of it, I probably did not rest enough before I started training again.  I was heat in the head and thought I can be someone I am not.  Yes, the training method was working extreme well for me to perform in NJM, but then I started introduced myself back into track work and later two works per week, those new workouts were  not helping get better or help my body to recover from every hard runs.  Such examples as I ran semi-hard on my own and with guys day after I ran personal best in Midsummer Night’s Mile, after Riley Half Marathon, then try to ran away from possible injury, etc.  I should have rest well on those runs, but I was greedy and thirsty for more pounding. 

I end with the year on the positive note in Tucson Marathon that finish under 3h’10m’, but was not very high; however, I noted and lessons learn for the future.  Long story short for 2011, I logged 2120.3 miles or 254h’18m’20s’ of running, that averaging 7m’12s’ per mile and 40.77 miles per week.

That was all about running.  On the personal life perspective, I am doing well.  The drama in 2009~2010 is completely behind me now; however, I still need to stay focus, frugal, and consistent on do what I can in my power to improve in order to get the best result in 2027.

For 2012 will be a good year.  Mayan said the World going to end on December 21; but if that is truth, I wish us all happy, stress free, and World peace.  So that we all can end with a happy and high note.  Outside of this, I am planning to run New Years Day 5K, Cherry Blossom Ten Miles, Gansett Marathon in RI, and Pike Peek 10K in the coming months; of course, detail blogs and training will come later.


大家新年快樂!


 


 
Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment