Translate

20120305

March 1 – March 5, 2012

My legs were stiff and heavy on the first morning of March after the leap-day workout.  I got to work in the early morning and ran easy for 50m’03s’ approx. 6.7 miles.  I felt much better the next day (03/02/2012) and abled to run 37m’51s’ approx. 5.1 miles with no soreness. 
NOAA was forecasted to rain on Saturday morning; I woke up at 06:30 on March 3, I noticed the road was wet and rain drop was coming down.  I excused myself back into bed to avoid run in the cold rain.  Weather was clear out toward later morning and turned sunny in afternoon.  I gear up and left home around 15:30 onto MH Trail toward the Line.  It was surely wet everywhere, big puddle of water block my way on RCP trail where I almost need to swim across. 
I was wearing a thin layer of tan top when I started my run, temperature was at 59 degree and drop down to 48 when I finished.  Since I was using large amount of energy and my core temperature was drop with the outdoor change.  I was pretty shaky when I get to the end.  Aside from that, I think I didn’t take enough of water when I was on the run.  I felt so dehydrated, cold, and not in mood to eat anything.  I randomly grab some bites of pre-made noodle; then took a very long hot shower and cover myself with several layers of clothes afterward.  The long detail is here. 
I went to bed pretty early on Saturday night and woke up so bloody late on Sunday (03/04/2012) morning.   Then I spend the day, drowning myself with fluid.  I finally was feeling better toward the end of night.  I guess lesson learn here is that I should cover myself with little more clothes when temperature change so dramatically toward the end of my run and always drink more water.
This morning (03/05/2012) when I woke up, I felt strong and not as sore as I was expected; but I still going to take another off-day.  I am planning to walk home from Glenmont station later on; that should help me recover more for tomorrow morning easy 6-mile run.

No comments:

Post a Comment